How do I book an inspection for a property?

Qura carries out both private viewings and open for inspections, during the week and on weekends – We do not hand out keys. You can see a list of our current available properties here. We run a system known as “Inspect Real Estate” which allows tenants to book inspections for a number of days during the week at times that suit them. If you see a property you are interested in, please click the blue “Book an Inspection” button, or email agent using the contact form. You will receive an email and SMS with inspection details, and this will allow us to inform you of any changes to the date/time, availability of the property or price updates. If you have any specific questions in regards to any of our advertised properties, please contact us.


How do I apply for a property?

You can download and fill in an application form or pick up an application when you come to view the property and return by email to Please ensure you have filled out the application in full and sign where indicated. It’s also worthwhile making sure your references know that Qura Property will be calling and are easily contactable.


When will I find out whether I am successful with my application?        

We try to ensure all applicants are advised of the outcome within 48 hours of making an application. Unfortunately, at times this may not be possible if references are hard to contact, or in the instance of an overseas investor; in which case we will advise you of the delay.


When can I sign the lease and how do I pay the initial rent and bond?

Qura Property embraces technology, which means you will be emailed an electronic lease to read over and sign electronically. The initial first months’ rent and bond is payable within 24 hours via BPAY.


When do I receive keys to the property? 

Keys will be given to you at the property on the day the tenancy begins. We will need to see the rent cleared in our account prior to this time – don’t forget that cheques and BPay transfers may take a few days to clear. You will be given one full set of keys to the property; you’re welcome to have further sets cut at your own expense but please note that all keys must be returned at the end of the tenancy.

If you wish to change the locks on the premises, you may do so at your own cost as long as you have first obtained written consent from Qura and a copy of the new set is provided within 24 hours. In the event that you have misplaced your keys, or locked yourself out of the property you will be responsible for this cost. We recommend taking out RACV Emergency Home Assist.


How do I pay rent?        

Rent can be paid by bank cheque, money order or (preferably) BPay. You may pay by personal cheque, however all dishonour fees will be the responsibility of the tenant.

Please ensure any BPay transfers are made at least 3 business days in advance of the due date to clear in our account. If paying by cheque it may take up to 5 business days to become cleared funds and should be posted at least a week in advance to avoid the tenancy becoming in arrears. Cheques for rent are to be made out to Qura Property Pty Ltd Trust Account and posted to 1/54-58 Garden Street, South Yarra Vic 3141.


Do I need insurance?   

If you wish to protect your belongings, insurance is a must. Damage or theft of your valuables are not covered under the landlords’ policy. EBM Insurance Brokers can offer contents insurance for tenants or speak to your current insurer.


Will there be inspections?  

Yes. Qura inspects all properties initially three months into the tenancy, then every six months thereafter. If your existing landlord has changed agents and now engaged Qura to manage the property, there will be an inspection at the time of the change of management, then six monthly thereafter.


How do I report Maintenance Issues?  

All maintenance issues need to be reported in writing, please email with your maintenance issue, with photos included where possible to ensure we can get the correct tradesperson out to you as soon as possible. Please note that in the event of maintenance being requested which has resulted from misuse of an appliance, or damage caused by yourself or your visitors, the landlord may request payment of any tradesperson’s invoice relating to the request.

In the event of urgent maintenance, please contact us on 0447 400 841 or by email. Consumer Affairs Victoria defines urgent maintenance as:

  • burst water service
  • blocked or broken toilet system
  • serious roof leak
  • gas leak
  • dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
  • failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
  • any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
  • an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
  • a serious fault in a lift or staircase.


Do I need to connect the electricity, gas and water?      

Yes. Alternatively we can arrange the connection for you using a company called YourPorter. YourPorter is a free service to all tenants for the connection and disconnection of these services. Your details are passed on to YourPorter who will contact you to arrange these connections.


Do I have to maintain the gardens? 

Yes, unless your lease states otherwise. If you feel you cannot maintain the gardens please contact us and we can provide recommendations for a gardener to do so on your behalf (at your own cost).


How do I terminate my tenancy?

There are a number of ways to end your agreement.

  • If on a “fixed” term tenancy and you are coming up to the end of your lease, you must give at least 28 days written notice of your intention. This cannot expire before the end of your fixed term.
  • If on a “periodic” lease (or month to month) you may give notice of you intention to leave at any time, provided at least 28 days written notice is provided.
  • If you are within a lease, but wish to leave before the end of your fixed term, you may do so. However, fees and charges may apply.


If you wish to give 28 days written notice of your intention to vacate at the end of your fixed term tenancy, or to end your periodic tenancy please email us.

If you wish to give notice of your intention to break your lease, please contact us to discuss the potential costs and options.


What do I need to do when I vacate?     

You must ensure the property is returned in the same condition as when you first moved in. This is reflected in the “Condition Report” you received at the commencement of the tenancy. Once you have advised of your intention to vacate you will be supplied with a vacating guide checklist to ensure you don’t miss anything, and your bond can be returned as soon as possible.


When can I get my bond back?

Providing the property is returned in a good condition, bond claims are submitted electronically (via email) as soon as possible – usually within 24 hours. If there’s further cleaning or repairs to be completed at the property you may not get the opportunity to rectify these, so please make sure everything is returned as per the original condition report or there may be deductions from your bond and a delay in getting a refund.